Tuesday 25 October 2016

Research process for the rocket animation

I started out by looking at various images of cartoon rockets, (the rocket being the character that appealed to me the most) and the facial expression that they portrayed. This allowed me to get a better understanding for possible character emotions. I then looked at the various possible emotions that I could portray and how a rocket moves before looking at anger as that is the emotion that I will be doing for my final animation. I worked out a pinterest board for the ideas and looked at various aspects of anger. I thought about how the character could be angry and why before finally settling on the idea of a fly in the take off zone. This provides a good basis for possible comedy. I wrote out some notes on the situation and possible camera angles and facial expressions. Following this, i followed step 3 of the incubation period and took a break. Whilst at badminton, I noticed someone getting angry and frustrated when losing a match so I looked more at his body language. It was a good bbasis for my animation as I could see the rocket in that situation and I began to think about the movement of the character within the space. I moved on to look at the possibility of animating other problems such as the flag not popping up or a countdown timer breaking before finally deciding that the fly was the best option. Following the creation of my storyboard, I will be seeking feedback on the idea and look at changing anything that may not work in the overall animation.

Here is a link to the pinterest board on this research. The storyboard will soon follow.

    https://uk.pinterest.com/josephlearoyd/rocket-animation/

1 comment: