Tuesday 23 February 2016

The Joe Jump: Animation reference video



This video of me jumping will work nicely as a reference video for animation. There are many principles at work here such as anticipation as I build up to the jump. The Arcs that are present in the rotation of my arms also add to my movement as I move through the air. The Impact as I land would be great in animation as the weight distribution of my legs at this point, incorporated into a character's movement would be able to add a sense of realism and gravity to it. There isn't any follow through really as far as extra items such as my hair as it isn't long enough to move at a different speed. A character could easily be given longer hair though and this same movement could be demonstrated by a variety of different people of varying weights and sizes. If paused, the jump looks impressive as my legs took behind me. This could also add an interesting element to characterisation in an animation as height of a character could impact on the exaggeration and timing of the jump.    

No comments:

Post a Comment