Thursday 9 February 2017

Feedback in class

Letting others evaluate my work really helped me with understanding how i was going with my production diary and storyboard. I graded my own work and it turned out that I had actually underestimated my abilities and got a higher grade from the others in the class. Comments were made on the timing of the storyboard and the Liam Neeson quote. I was also advised to stay away from using a phone in the scene, something that I had already decided. The use of a megaphone was suggested as the character could possibly be delivering the speech to a group but due to the fact that the quote references the kidnapping of his daughter, this may not be the best idea. The idea that a mirror could be used and right at the end of the scene, reveal that the character was just talking to himself in the mirror, somewhat like that of Travis Bickle, Robert De Niro's character in "Taxi Driver."

Had this been more of a full body animation, maybe incorporating the acrobatic nature of Nightcrawler but for this i need to focus more on the face. In doing so, the mirror idea might be a nice addition. The naturally misconceived nature of the character provides a nice change to portray him as actually threatening. Maybe the mirror scene could provide the character with the idea that he is trying to learn to live up to his demonic image and in the last shot he fails and has a saddened look on his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment