Thursday 1 December 2016

Optional Diving Animation



                       Here is the optional animation for the class. We had a choice between animating a diving scene, a death scene or a trap door falling scene. I chose diving as it seemed like a good chance to practice my timing using some diving videos for reference. These videos are as follows:



                          by "Tales of Duster"     Published 25th of April 2011    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZGyBLqb3g


                                          "Slo Mo Lab" Published 5th September 2015   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKmMcGj80z4


                                     I chose to use the generi_rig that was in the animation folder (I DO NOT OWN THIS RIG) instead of the Daffy Duck one as there was much better rigging and skinning on it as well as facial expressions that could make for some more interesting movements. The objects were taken from the Daffy Duck rig, ready to animate folder.

                                     I'm happy with how this animation turned out. The movement contains fluidity and is reasonably well timed. I'm happy with this as timing has always been the worst area of my animating so it is nice to create something where I feel that the timing is well done. Following on from this, the characterisation of uncertainty that I gave to the character, coupled with moving it's mouth to create the idea of what he is thinking helped me to create an animation that I am proud of. I'm happy with the movement on the diving board, subtle as it is, and the blocking and poses in this animation work well. If i was to criticise it, I would say that there may be some issues with weight in the character and that the curve on the dive could have been less sharp. I hope that I can incorporate what I have learnt here into my future animations and create some nice work.

   AGAIN: I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTER/RIG AND OBJECTS FEATURED IN THIS ANIMATION. THEY BELONG TO JASON THEAKER AND THE UNIVERSITY OF BRADFORD. I HAVE THESE ME FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS ANIMATION MODULE.   

No comments:

Post a Comment